Cody Middle School Beliefs:
- Working together as a professional learning community to grow as educators and to successfully implement a standards-based middle–level program.
- Making decisions based on what is best for all students.
- Establishing partnerships with a student’s home and community.
- Utilizing resources to ensure that all students achieve at high levels.
- Providing students with a variety of learning experiences that are academically challenging, developmentally appropriate, and personally relevant in order for students to make informed educational and personal decisions.
- Implementing instructional programs that develop the whole child, intellectually and academically, personally and socially, physically, emotionally, and ethically.
- Providing a successful transition from elementary grades to the middle grades to the high school grades and from childhood to adolescence.
Our students work hard. In addition to daily core subjects of math, language arts, social studies, and science, our students also participate in physical education and a choice of several high-interest enrichment courses including band, choir, STEM, computers, and art classes.
CMS is also a technology-rich school that emphasizes technology’s purposeful use. We provide students with access to a variety of online curriculum pieces they can use both in and outside of school, using district issued Chromebooks. More information about our curriculum is available at our district website.